The following halls are available to hire in our parish: Padstow Church Rooms, Little Petherick Village Hall, St Merryn Village Hall. Details of each are below.
Padstow Church Rooms
Hall standing capacity for meetings: 180
Hall Capacity for catering of Private Functions and parties: 100 seated
Hire Fees for the Church Rooms
Session times: Morning Session 9.00 – 12.30 p.m. £20
Afternoon Session 1.30 – 5.00 p.m. £20
Evening Session 6.30 – 11.00 p.m. £20
Where the hall may only be booked for a one off meeting, which doesn’t require a whole session a nominal charge of £5 per hour.
For Private Functions: e.g. Weddings, Birthday, Anniversary, Christenings, Funerals (discretion used)
£30 refundable deposit payable on booking.
£50 per session.
£20 charge for use of kitchen facilities.
Children’s birthday parties £20
Terms and Conditions of use for Church Rooms
All hall bookings to be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone 01841 534898 or in person at The Benefice Office, Church Rooms, Padstow, PL28 8BG during office hours Tuesday to Friday 10.00 – 1.00 p.m. Out of hours enquiries telephone 01841 534898 and leave a message. (Out of hours emergency contact 01841 532902).
a) Fees for a one off booking payable at the time of booking.
b) A refundable deposit for Private Functions payable at the time of booking, user will be invoiced 2 weeks prior to the function and payment must be paid 1 week before the event.
c) Cancellation fees: Notice please in writing 1 week prior to the event if cancelling for any reason. Failure to notify the Office will forfeit the deposit.
d) Regular users will be invoiced on a monthly basis.
- There can be no sub-letting within a session.
- Rental charges will be reviewed by the Church Rooms Committee on an annual basis.
- All users to leave the hall in a clean and tidy state. All users to take away their own rubbish.
- Please make sure that all lights and electrical items are turned off, all doors and windows closed and that the building is locked.
- We kindly ask that you do not use, blue tac, sellotape or drawing pins on the walls. Noticeboards will be available for displaying notices.
- No hard ball games permitted in the hall.
- Any breakages must be reported and may be charged for.
- Alcohol cannot be sold on the premises either explicitly (by charging per drink) or implicitly (by stating that alcohol is included in the entry price) except if it is to be provided by a licenced mobile bar – but we would need to verify that licence.
- Alcohol can be brought onto the premises by users either for their own consumption or for free use by other guests.
- Music – If you are hiring bands or a mobile disco, please check that they have a PRS music licence. If you are using your own music no licence is required.
- The Church Rooms are licensed for a capacity of standing 180. Seated 100.
- No access to the kitchen area by children under the age of 16 years.
- There can be no unauthorised access to the upstairs level.
- Commercial groups hiring the Rooms to do potentially dangerous games or exercises (e.g. Karate, Tai Chi, Taekwondo, kickboxing, yoga etc.) to have adequate insurance of their own.
- No dogs permitted on the premises only Assistance Dogs.
Little Petherick Village Hall
Contact for bookings and enquiries:
The Old Mill House
Hire charges are £6 per hour during the day however, there are other hire amounts that we offer if people wished to hire it for the day (such as a set amount, these can be offered on request)
There is a car park, kitchen and toilets all on site.
St Merryn Village Hall
Contact Moira Gill 01841 520418 or email: m84gill@btinternet .com